Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dear Shellbelle....

Dear Shellbelle,
I just recently highlighted my hair and noticed that lately my hair has been feeling really dry. What styling products do you recommend in order to make my hair soft and shiny but doesn't weigh it down?

Dear Reader,
Anytime you highlight hair it will suffer some damage? In order to repair/protect you hair start by treating it during the cleaning/moisturizing phase. I recommend finding a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I personally use Noevir's Tokara shampoo and conditioner. It works really well and doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy. I also recommend deep conditioning your hair once a week. I use Noevir's Tokara deep conditioner but I have also used Garnier's Fructise and find it works just as well. If you still feel like your hair is a little dry after you have cleansed and moisturized, you can use a leave in gloss serum. I love Fredrick Fekkai's Gloss. It's very light and makes your hair look marvelous. I put just a dime to quarter size amount from the middle of my damp hair to the tips. I let soak in for a few minutes and then blow dry. Hope this helps! If anyone else has a different routine or different products they have found works for them, post it here.

Smiles,
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment