Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fashion Cravings - October 2010









Summer has ended (even though the weather is still scorching) and it is time for fall. Time to make the switch from bikinis, light fabrics and flip flops to layering, warm fabrics and boots! I love this transition time because 1) I love cooler weather 2) I am a big fan of layering and 3) I can use the fashion items in this period even though I live in Hawaii. I just adore the trends for fall and started to crave them while I was in Korea. The department stores there had such great pieces and here are some of my most favorite ones:
  • Faux Fur Vests – I didn’t get a chance to buy a vest in Korea because unfortunately all the cute vests were made of real fox fur or mink.  I own a little fox like doggie and to have a vest that looks like her would just be too much guilt for my poor conscious. However I’ve been doing some searching and many of the designers for this season used faux fur for their lines. Even the great Karl Lagerfeld opted for faux fur for his Chanel Fall 2010 line. Layer this vest with a long sleeved shirt, jeans, sky high pumps, big accessories and you can have your own Rachel Zoe moment.
  • Leather Shorts – I love the style of leather shorts the designers are coming out with. It is just the right mix of feminine and edgy without looking import model/stripperish. Pair it with tights , suede booties, cream  feminine top, and cardigan or oversized blazer and you’ll become the girl next door with a little spice.
  • Sequin Jackets – Sequins are always a tough one because too much of it, you end up looking like a Vegas show girl. If the design is dated you can look like an ajima (old lady). Good thing designers have taken note and done sequins the right way. They are using muted sequins in dark colors with modern designs. The result is just the right amount of flash that can be worn day or night.
  • Thigh High Boots – Normally when one hears “thigh high boots” they automatically picture a lady of the evening but it doesn’t have to be that way. Style it right and these boots can sex up an outfit without making it look cheap. Just remember to stay away from plastic vinyl and opt instead for muted leather and suede. I found a pair at the BCBG outlet and it is just awesome. It is distressed black faux leather with a top flap you can wear up or fold down. Wear them with confidence and no one dare stand in your way.
  • Trench Coats – Trench coats are a great weather transition piece because it offers protection from the elements without being too heavy. Perfect for fall and spring. I love Burberry’s trench coats but unless I hit the lottery or get a sugar daddy I won’t be rocking one of their trenches any time soon. I really can’t afford the $1,989 price tag. Yikes! Instead I found a similar trench for much less at ASOS for $135. The camel color is spot on for Fall 2010 and is flattering to any figure.
  • Statement Rings & Red Lips – Of course I had to mention cravings for accessories and makeup. Right now I love unique cocktail rings. I especially fell in love with this panther ring from Rachel Roy. While it may be all rhinestones the design of the ring keeps it modern and fun. Don’t need any bracelets when you are rocking this baby. It functions as its own statement piece. As for makeup I just love crimson lips. Red is one of my favorite colors and fall is the perfect time to wear it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment