Monday, August 16, 2010

My Skin Care Essentials

A few weeks a user on myspace (yes myspace) emailed me to ask me what were my skincare secrets. Apparently he thought I had wonderful perfect fair skin and wanted to know how I got it. I told him he was too generous in his compliments but I did appreciate him noticing. My skin is not perfect but I do take pride in keeping it in the best shape possible. To keep my skin in its best shape I follow these simple steps twice a day:

1. Cleanse - I use La Mer Gel Foaming Face Cleanser. It is so gentle but yet removes all the oil, dirt and makeup. I like it because it gets my skin clean without it feeling tight or dry. I apply one pump to my fingers and get it to lather. Then I gently massage the lather all over my face and neck for about 15 - 20 seconds. I follow it by rinsing with lukewarm water. Hot water is a definite no-no because it will dry out your skin. If you suffer from rosacea like me, hot water will not only dry out your skin but it will make your skin more irritated and red.

2. Apply Acne/Rosacea Topical Gel - Most people would say toning would be their second step but since I have rosacea my skin is very sensitive to toners (even ones meant for sensitive skin). Instead I use my prescription strength acne/rosacea topical gels. I use Metrogel in the morning and Accuzone in the evening. I rub it all over my face gently and let it absorb in for a few seconds before I apply the next step.

3. Apply Serum - I use Laneige's Sensitive Essence as my serum. It helps to combat the redness and dryness that can develop from sensitive skin. I apply 1/2 a pump to my fingers and I rub my fingers together to warm up the product. I then gently pat it all over my face and concentrate a little more on the areas that suffer the most from rosacea i.e my cheeks, nose and the area around my mouth.

4. Apply Moisturizer - I use Laneige's Sensitive Emulsion as my moisturizer. It is very light and again combats redness and dryness. I apply one pump to my fingers and rub my fingers together to warm up the product. I gently pat it all over and my face until it is fully absorbed.

5. Apply Eye Care Cream - I use Laneige's Perfect Renew Dual Touch Eyes. It has one cream for day and another for night. I love the fact that the day cream has SPF 25, prevents sun damage and keeps the eye area hydrated. The night time cream penetrates deeply to give smoothness to the eyes and give elasticity. I use only a very small amount and I spread it all around the eye area with my ring finger. I like to dab rather than rub in as pulling at the eye area only weakens the elasticity which leads to wrinkles.

6. Twice A Week Mask - I use two different masks. One is an exfoliator (La Mer Refining Mask) while the other helps to hydrate the skin (Laneige's Water Bank Sleeping Mask). I use them on different days atleast 3 days apart. I like the Refining Mask because it really helps to remove the fine lines and dry skin. The Sleeping Pack is great because it is very light gel that gives your face a nice radiant glow in the morning. Not to mention it has soothing smell which helps with sleep.

7. Every Day Apply Sunscreen in The Day Time - I work out in the sun every day and I need to make sure my skin is protected. If I don't I will get burned, sun spots, wrinkles, etc. Plus for me my rosacea will act up and I will have a bad acne break out. For my facial sunscreen I love La Mer's SPF Protecting Fluid because it has SPF 30 and it is so light it doesn't leave my skin feeling like I have sunscreen on. When you first apply it your skin will look shiny but let it absorb in to your skin for a 10- 15 minutes and majority of the oiliness will go away.

Other Great Tips to Healthy Glowing Skin:
Drink Lots of Water
Exercise Daily
Eat A Balanced Diet
Get Some Rest

Me With No Makeup


For Information On Laneige go to www.laneige.com . Laneige products can be purchased at www.yesstyle.com


If you have any skin issues and used a certain skin care regime to treat it, post it here. Or if you have any questions on skin issues, products, steps, etc. post it and we can discuss. You may not be the only one going through it. Or if you don't feel comfortable posting it, write to me and I can post it or help answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment